There is no better place in Scripture to learn the vocabulary of prayer than in the book of Psalms. God’s people have used the Psalms as a guide for worship and prayer since before the time of Christ. The range of emotions found in the Psalms helps us find words to express ourselves to God in every circumstance.
In this three-week study, we will read and pray through a selection of fifteen psalms, focusing on a unique topic each day.
The Psalms for Prayer community study runs from April 23-May 13, 2018.
The Psalms for Prayer study book offers 21 days (3 weeks) of Scripture readings.
These books include:
- Full Scripture readings every day—right there in the book.
- An interactive worksheet every weekday for understanding the day’s psalm.
- Space for writing your own prayers to God.
- An introduction on the elements of prayer present in Psalms.
- A look at the range of emotions present in Psalms.
- A refresher on the principles of prayer.
- A hand-lettering activity.
- Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses.
The Psalms for Prayer reading plan will be published one day at a time on SheReadsTruth.com, HeReadsTruth.com, and the SRT & HRT apps, beginning Monday, April 23, 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
These books intentionally include the Psalms for Prayer reading plan only, with an introduction, charts, and extras throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.