"My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2
The Christian life is a climb—a journey of constant growth, sacrifice, and trusting God for what we cannot see. The Psalms of Ascent (Psalms 120-134) were sung by worshipers as they made the journey up to Jerusalem for the annual feasts. They are a series of songs to divide the journey, each one focusing on an essential aspect of the life of a child of God.
In this 3-week reading plan, we’ll dig into these traveling songs with the help of short summary essays and thoughtful, reflective questions for each psalm. Take your pack on your shoulder and walk with us as we pursue God together.
The 8x10, perfect bound, 104-page, full-color Songs for the Road: The Psalms of Ascent study book offers 21 days (3 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- Space for personal reflection and notes to encourage deeper interaction with Truth
- Reflective, thoughtful questions for each day’s psalm
- 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
- A helpful map of Jerusalem in the ancient world
- A chart comparing the three Jewish feasts of pilgrimage
- Two hymns for the journey
- A template to write your own song for the road