“Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.” - Romans 15:7 ESV
Biblical hospitality is about more than sharing a meal or inviting friends over. It is the work of making room in our lives for others. True hospitality is a posture of charity toward the poor, of welcome toward the displaced, and of humility and gentleness toward the hurting.
In this 2-week study, we will see what Scripture has to say about making room for others—our neighbors, the poor, our betrayers, strangers, widows, orphans, children, and more. As we do, we will find ourselves reflected among them. For while we were still sinners, Christ made room for us.
The She Reads Truth Making Room: A Study of Hospitality community study runs January 30 - February 12, 2017.
The 8x10, perfect bound, 80-page, full-color Hospitality study book offers 14 days (2 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- An honest and introspective worksheet for each day's reading
- Space for personal reflection and notes to encourage deeper interaction with Truth
- 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
- The perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe to bake and share
- Delicious pasta casserole instructions—a great way to prepare and provide a meal for someone
- A helpful hand-drawn flow chart to remind us who the Bible calls us to love
The “Making Room” reading plan will be published one day at a time on SheReadsTruth.com and SRT app, beginning Monday, January 30, 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the “Making Room” reading plan only, with a written introduction, interactive questions, and other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.