Why does God allow human suffering? It’s the question at the heart of the book of Job, and it’s a question every one of us will ask at one time or another. No answer offered could satisfy Job’s ache, no matter how his friends tried. But that’s because the answer Job needed was not some portion of wisdom, but the Author of wisdom itself. The book of Job is about suffering, but more than that, it’s about the God who speaks to us in the midst of our pain. Join us in a four-week study of Job: Suffering and the God Who Speaks.
Product details and included features:
- 8x10, perfect-bound, 168 pages
- 28 days (4 weeks) of Scripture readings—right there in the book
- An introduction and outline for the book of Job and a helpful overview of Wisdom Literature in the Bible
- A explanation of the key figures in Job, a round-up of the types of suffering discussed in Scripture, and a chart of showing parallels between the book of Job and the life of Christ
- Weekly response questions to guide you through your reading, along with space for personal reflection and notes
- Four Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK: This book includes the Job reading plan, along with a written introduction and many other helpful elements throughout, many of which are exclusive to this Study Book. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is faithful to illuminate our minds as we read Scripture. For that reason, devotional responses to each day’s reading can be found on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.