In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did whatever seemed right to him.
The book of Judges illustrates the fundamental problem of the human heart: when God’s people forget Him, we turn away to worship other gods. In this four-week study of Judges, we will read the downward spiral of Israel as they struggle to embrace their true identity as God’s chosen people. Join us as we read this Old Testament book that vividly portrays the tragedy of sin, revealing our need for salvation that comes only through Jesus Christ.
The Judges: The Tragedy of Forgetting God community study runs July 30–August 26, 2018.
The Judges: The Tragedy of Forgetting God study book and legacy book offer 28 days (4 weeks) of Scripture readings.
These books include:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- Supplemental Scripture for fuller understanding
- An introduction and key verse for the book of Judges
- Helpful context placing the book of Judges in the broader biblical narrative
- An overview of the different judges of Israel
- A chart explaining the cycle of rebellion repeated throughout this Old Testament book
- Inline notes marking the repeating elements of the cycle in the daily Scripture readings
- Chart contrasting Canaanite religion with worship of the one true God
- An in-depth look at tragedy as a literary style
- Space for notes and personal reflection
- Four Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorizing verses that summarize the cycle of rebellion in Judges
The Judges: The Tragedy of Forgetting God reading plan will be published one day at a time on SheReadsTruth.com, HeReadsTruth.com, and the SRT & HRT apps, beginning Monday, July 30, 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THESE BOOKS:
These books intentionally include the Judges: The Tragedy of Forgetting God scripture reading plan only, with a written introduction and many other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com, HeReadsTruth.com, and the She Reads Truth & He Reads Truth apps. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.