I am the good shepherd. I am the way, the truth, and the life. I am the true vine. In these statements and others, Jesus reveals Himself as the long-expected Messiah, connecting Himself to the provision and promises of God in the Old Testament. Each “I am” is an echo of God’s self-disclosure to Moses from the burning bush. On the lips of Jesus, they are statements of His divinity—ones that shocked the crowds, enraged the religious leaders who opposed Him, and prompted His disciples to bow down in worship. Join us as we spend two weeks meditating on Jesus’s “I am” statements and exploring the hope we have in Christ because of who He is.
- 8x10, perfect bound, 80 pages
- 14 days (2 weeks) of Scripture readings—right there in the book
- An introduction to the “I am” statements in the New Testament and a collection of declarations of faith in the Gospels
- Sheet music for a beloved hymn
- A daily worksheet for reflecting on the reading
- 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK: This book includes the I Am: Statements of Our Savior reading plan, along with a written introduction and many other helpful elements throughout, many of which are exclusive to this Study Book. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is faithful to illuminate our minds as we read Scripture. For that reason, devotional responses to each day’s reading can be found on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.