Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things.
Let this be known throughout the earth.
At the turn of the last century, America was still raw from the Civil War and barreling toward the First World War. Believers gathered together at camp meetings and revivals, took their hats in their hands, and sang hymns about Jesus and the hope of the gospel. Join us for this 2-week study as we read the Scripture and stories behind ten beloved early American hymns.
The She Reads Truth & He Reads Truth Go Tell It on the Mountain community studies run July 17-July 30, 2017.
The 8x10, spiral bound, 96-page, full-color Go Tell It on the Mountain: Stories of Early American Hymns study book offers 14 days (2 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- 10 historical essays, written by the SRT and HRT teams, printed in the book
- Space for personal reflection and notes
- Sheet music for each hymn
- 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
- A 4-page timeline of early America, showing what life was like at the time these hymns were written
- A map of the birthplaces of the 10 featured hymn writers
The Go Tell It on the Mountain reading plan will be published one day at a time on SheReadsTruth.com & HeReadsTruth.com, and on the SRT & HRT apps, beginning Monday, July 17, 2017.