For to us a child is born, to us a son is given. —Isaiah 9:6
Joy to the world, the Lord has come! Join us this Advent season as we read the story of Jesus’ birth. From the earliest promises of His coming in the Old Testament, to the angelic messengers announcing His birth to the shepherds, this 4-week Scripture reading plan presents the biblical story of our need for Christ and the glory of His arrival.
The Joy to the World Advent study book is loaded with all kinds of Christmas goodness. You’ll find maps and charts to help you understand the daily Scripture readings, fun facts and stories about holiday traditions, as well as recipes, prayers, and songs to help you form new ones. Read with us this Advent season as we anticipate and celebrate the coming of Christ, discovering anew “the glories of His righteousness and wonders of His love.”
The 8x10, perfect bound, 152-page, full-color Joy to the World: Advent 2017 study book offers 29 days (4 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book—to walk you through the Advent season
- Theological Extras, including a catechism about the Son of God (with Scripture proofs), a map of Joseph, Mary, and Jesus’ travels, and a chart of Old Testament prophecies fulfilled in Jesus’ birth
- Seven wintry recipes, including a beverage, an entrée, a soup, a bread, a sweet, a snack, and a fun family activity
- A host of merry miscellany, ranging from short vignettes to 2-page spreads, telling the stories behind familiar Christmas traditions
- Seven carols, with sheet music or lyrics for each
- Five Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book, corresponding with each Sunday reading
- Four bonus gift tags
- Free “Repeat the Sounding Joy” Advent songbook, perfect for singing around the piano or caroling with friends and family
The 29-day Advent 2017 reading plan will be available on SheReadsTruth.com & the SRT app for up to six months after your purchase.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the Joy to the World: Advent 2017 reading plan only, with a written introduction and many other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.