What does it mean to belong to the body of Christ? When the Apostle Paul wrote 1 & 2 Corinthians, the early Church was struggling to grow together as a group of believers. They came from vastly different backgrounds—Jewish and Greek, rich and poor, religious and nonreligious—and they were learning how to live as one people. In these two letters, Paul challenges the Corinthians to fight for unity and to embrace their identity as one body made of many different parts—a challenge still relevant to us today. Read with us as we spend six weeks in 1 & 2 Corinthians, learning together what it means to be the body of Christ.
The 8x10, perfect bound, 192-page, full-color 1 & 2 Corinthians: The Body of Christ study book offers 42 days (6 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- Introductions to the books of 1 & 2 Corinthians
- A map of Paul’s second missionary journey
- A timeline of the city of Corinth in history
- A look at spiritual gifts in the New Testament
- A catechism about God the Spirit
- A roundup of what the Bible says about the Lord’s Supper
- A collection of imagery used in the Bible to describe the Church
- A study guide featuring weekly questions for group or individual study
- Six recipes to share with your people
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the 1 & 2 Corinthians: The Body of Christ plan only, with a written introduction, weekly discussion questions, and many other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.