Who was Jesus to those who knew Him and lived alongside Him? This is the question the Gospel of Matthew answers.
Matthew was a Jewish tax collector whom Jesus called to become one of the twelve disciples. Matthew’s very life was transformed by what Jesus taught, but even more so by Jesus’ death and resurrection. Penned originally for a Jewish audience, Matthew wrote to persuade his readers that Jesus was more than a man—He was the promised Messiah, the Savior of the world. Kick off the new year by joining us for this 4-week study Matthew: This Is Jesus.
The 6.5x9, 176-page, full-color Matthew study book offers 28 days (4 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- Interactive questions for understanding and interpreting the day’s reading
- Space for daily notes, prayers, and reflection
- An introduction to key people and groups in the book of Matthew
- A refresher on the key characteristics of the four Gospels
- Two maps chronicling Jesus’ ministry in the book of Matthew and the events of Passion Week
- A look at Matthew’s focus on five key teachings of Jesus
- 4 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the Matthew reading plan only, with a written introduction and many other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on HeReadsTruth.com and the He Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.