"Haven't I commanded you: Be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua is a book that swings from battles, spies, and miraculous river crossings, to the meticulous account of the division of land and the boundaries established for each tribe. But when viewed as a whole, the arc of the book tells the beautiful and long-awaited story of God’s people taking possession of the land the Lord swore to Abraham 450 years earlier.
God brings His people home. It’s a theme we see throughout Scripture, from God’s first promises to Abraham and Noah, to our promised home in Glory with Him. The book of Joshua is part of that story. It is the story of Israel coming home to a place they’d never been—to a land they’d only heard about, fought for, and imagined. It is the picture of our longing for eternity in God’s kingdom, where “He will wipe away every tear and death will no longer exist” (Revelation 21:4).
The He Reads Truth Joshua community study runs October 24-November 13, 2016.
This 6x8.5, perfect bound, 152 page Joshua Legacy Book offers 21 days (3 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
• An introduction to the four movements of the book of Joshua
• Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
• Space for personal reflection and notes to encourage deeper interaction with Truth
• A look into the six moments of consecration in Joshua
• A map of the 12 tribes of Israel
• 4 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
The Joshua reading plan will be published one day at a time at HeReadsTruth.com and on the HRT app, beginning Monday, October 24, 2016.
Written responses to each day’s reading can also be found exclusively on HeReadsTruth.com and the He Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.