The book of Judges illustrates the fundamental problem of the human heart: when God’s people forget Him, we turn away to worship other gods. In this four-week study of Judges, we will read the downward spiral of Israel as they struggle to embrace their true identity as God’s chosen people. Join us as we read this Old Testament book that vividly portrays the tragedy of sin, revealing our need for salvation that comes only through Jesus Christ.
The 8x10, spiral bound, 120-page, full-color Judges: The Tragedy of Forgetting God study book offers 28 days (4 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- Supplemental Scripture for fuller understanding
- An introduction and key verse for the book of Judges
- Helpful context placing the book of Judges in the broader biblical narrative
- An overview of the different judges of Israel
- A chart explaining the cycle of rebellion repeated throughout this Old Testament book
- Inline notes marking the repeating elements of the cycle in the daily Scripture readings
- Chart contrasting Canaanite religion with worship of the one true God
- An in-depth look at tragedy as a literary style
- Space for notes and personal reflection
- Four Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorizing verses that summarize the cycle of rebellion in Judges
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the Judges: The Tragedy of Forgetting God reading plan only, with a written introduction and many other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.