1 John 1:9
1, 2, and 3 John focus on the reliability of Christ's atoning work on our behalf. John has already told us the story of Jesus in the Gospel that bears his name. But here in his pastoral epistles, he gives us a glimpse into the life of the early Church and establishes the certainty of trusting in Christ alone for our salvation.
False teachers had infiltrated the Church. For many young Christians, their confidence in the finished work of Christ on the cross was shaken. 1, 2, and 3 John were written to assure those struggling believers (and us) that the Gospel was (and is) true, and that Jesus really was (and is) all we need to be at peace with our Maker.
These letters are filled with assurances, or "proofs," of what is now true because of Jesus' resurrection. In this two-week study, we've marked out 25 assurances of our faith found in the letters of John. we'll also highlight John's expressed purposes for writing these epistles.
8x10, perfect bound, 72-page, full-color book. Includes 14 days (2 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
• Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
• Space for personal reflection and notes to encourage deeper interaction with Truth
• An detailed timeline of John's walk with Christ, beginning with his call to discipleship
• Scripture diagrams highlighting the 25 assurances found throughout the 3 epistles
• 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the 123 John Scripture reading plan only, with a written introduction and other beautiful and helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We warmly invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.