The Beatitudes weigh the prizes of the earth against the rewards of heaven. These eight blessings are entirely contrary to the principles of the world, promising the Kingdom to the common people, those whom earthly success has largely passed by: the poor, the meek, the persecuted, the peacemakers. The Beatitudes reveal a heavenly Kingdom not organized from the top down, but from the bottom up.
The “Beatitudes: On Earth as It Is in Heaven” reading plan dedicates one day for each of the eight beatitudes, plus a day at the beginning and the end of the plan for context. We will memorize all eight beatitudes over the course of this study—reminders of the right-side up promises of Christ and His kingdom in the midst of our upside down world.
The She Reads Truth Beatitudes community study runs Monday, November 14 - Sunday, November 27, 2016.
The 8x10, perfect bound, 67-page, full-color study book offers 14 days (2 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
• Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
• Space for personal reflection and notes to encourage deeper interaction with Truth
• Two-page Gratitude Guide, exploring how the Beatitudes cause us to give thanks
• 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
• A timely hymn, “The Beatitudes” by Isaac Watts, with sheet music
• A simple & delicious recipe, Roasted Vegetables with Lemon & Thyme
"The Beatitudes" reading plan will be published one day at a time on SheReadsTruth.com and on the She Reads Truth app, beginning Monday, November 14, 2016.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the Beatitudes reading plan only, with supplementary Scripture and other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.