There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven.
This two-week reading plan will lead us through a series of passages from Scripture that examine the seasons of mourning and dancing in the life of a believer. Our threefold prayer for this study is that you would:
- Experience growth rooted in the truth of God’s Word through both sorrow and joy.
- Examine sorrow and joy in light of Scripture and in the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Discover anew the privilege and practice of prayer.
The She Reads Truth Mourning and Dancing community study runs July 18th - July 31st. 8x10, perfect bound, 155 page, full-color book. Includes 14 days (2 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- An excerpt from Nancy Guthrie’s What Grieving People Wish You Knew
- Outline of a Psalmic Lament & daily templates to guide you in your own lament
- Space for personal reflection and notes to trigger deeper interaction with Truth
- Extra lament forms for later use
- 3 Scripture mini-cards perforated in the back of the book to aid in memorization of the Weekly Truth verses each Sunday
- Handmade cyanotypes and other extras throughout
The "Mourning and Dancing" reading plan will be published one day at a time at SheReadsTruth.com and HeReadsTruth.com on the SRT app, and HRT app, beginning Monday, July 18th, 2016.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK: This book intentionally includes the "Mourning and Dancing" Scripture reading plan only, with a brief introduction for each day. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on SheReadsTruth.com and the She Reads Truth app. We warmly invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.