It is impossible to overstate our need for a Savior. By directing our gaze to the cross and the empty tomb, the season of Lent reminds us that the answer to our desperate need is only found in Jesus.
During this Lent study, we will read the book of Isaiah, the Old Testament prophet who, more than any other, describes the coming of Christ in great detail. Isaiah’s vision is epic, opening with an invitation for all heaven and earth to listen, and calling for the complete and merciful restoration of God’s people. During the final week of Lent, we will read passages from the Gospels that correspond to the events of Holy Week, the final days of Christ’s journey to the cross. Isaiah’s message illustrates the salvation we so desperately need, and the Holy Week scriptures turn our eyes to the salvation already given us in the completed work of Christ.
The community study for You Are Mine: A Lenten Study of Isaiah runs February 27-April 16, 2017.
The 6x8.5, perfect bound, full-color Lent study book offers 49 days (7 weeks) of Scripture readings.
This book includes:
- Full Scripture readings for every day—right there in the book
- Space for personal reflection and notes to encourage deeper interaction with Truth
- Insightful charts about fulfilled Messianic prophecies and Isaiah’s life
- Four favorite Lenten hymns
- 6 Scripture mini-cards, perforated in the back of the book, to aid in memorization of Weekly Truth verses
- Three curated essays on Lenten traditions as they relate to the book of Isaiah.
The Lent reading plan will be published one day at a time on HeReadsTruth.com and SRT app, beginning Monday, February 27, 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE FORMAT OF THIS BOOK:
This book intentionally includes the You Are Mine: A Lenten Study of Isaiah reading plan only, with a written introduction and many other helpful elements throughout. Because God’s Word is living and active, we believe the Holy Spirit is ultimately all we need to read and respond to Scripture. Written responses to each day’s reading are found exclusively on HeReadsTruth.com and the He Reads Truth app. We invite you to join us there for further commentary and conversation.